I usually hate knitting sleeves, especially when I’m knitting in the round. For some unknown reason, I powered through the sleeves for my Laelia cardigan. Here it is without sleeves two weeks ago:
And here are the sleeves:
The pattern calls for lace on the sleeves as well, but I decided that I preferred them plain. I am very happy to have finished the sleeves, but there is still a lot of work to be done. This is quite a long cardi, and as you knit down, the lace pattern continually expands around the back. I find that I cannot knit this particular lace pattern with my mind disengaged, and that limits when I can knit it. I have about ten more inches to go, I think.
That ten inches might take even longer, however, because in the meantime, I agreed to do a test knit for Claudia Eisenkolb. The test is for a lovely tee made out of linen. I have seen a lot of patterns for linen tees lately, but this one drew me in because it struck me as very elegant and perfect for work. (No pattern photos while the tee is in test mode.) I am using the stunning Shibui Linen in the colour Bordeaux.
I love the way the yarn picks up the light. It is so rich and luminous. The yarn has an unusual chained structure, which you can hopefully see in this photo:
I am so far finding it a little rough to knit with – the linen is quite stiff – but I very much like the crispness of the fabric. I think that once washed a few times, it should be perfect.
I am spending quite a bit of time on the train this month, and this is a much better project for train knitting that the Laelia, which has grown a bit awkward. To demonstrate, here I am trying to untie knots in the yarn while Doug patiently waits to take photos. (The knots, by the way, are not in the skein, but result from having too many live threads going at once and getting it all in a tangle.)
Have a lovely Sunday!